Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Attic


Well one word could be used for our attic. Cavernous! It's huge up there, it must be close to 20 feet at the peek. I was up there to insulate. It's amazing that in 2010, I will be the first owner to insulate the main attic space. Now wonder we were freezing this winter and burning up in the summer.
I've got about 1/5 done. Will need to get more insulation before I take another journey up there.
The photo is the metal tag of the whole house attic fan. I got a closer look at it today, it's huge.
From what I've gathered on the internet, Hunter Fan and Ventilating Company is the oldest fan company in the states. It incorporated in 1901.
When I turn on the attic fan, you can feel the whole house pressurize before the air starts flowing. It creates such a vacuum that the drapes in the open window flap with the man created breeze. It cools down the house fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment