Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gentlemen's Parlor Before and After

Ceilings in homes this age were typically covered in wall paper. The design was often textures of soft color with gold metalic accents. The wallpaper was covered with many coats of paint, ending in a semi gloss off white. It took me a month of constant steaming, razor slicing and scraping to get down to the plaster. After plastering, priming and painting the ceiling, I spent many weeks on an eight foot ladder stenciling the ten foot six inch ceilings. I used a metallic pearl paint to create an affect of old metallic ceiling tiles. It was not easy, but I'm very happy with the results. Since we are on a budget, I searched far and wide to find a ceiling medallion. Online a metal medallion would normally cost in the $300. range. I discovered a metal clock at a local bargin store that only cost $25. I took the center clock out and fixed the metal frame to the ceiling. I am so happy with the results and the savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment